Sunday, September 22, 2024

I'm Just Finished

 To everyone who knows me, the first half of this year was hard for me and my dad. I think about him and his last several months of life every day.

--He struggled to walk, keep his scooter running, caring for his beloved dog, Rocky.

--He called me every day wanting me to decipher a note he couldn't read because he couldn't control his hands anymore.

--He lost his wallet, keys, his scooter quit working, he had no money.

I was 12 hours away trying to keep his world running, sending him cash, fighting the VA to approve in home nursing, finding someone to repair his scooter, making sure the VA knew he would be coming for a dr. visit without money or an ID, so could someone watch out for him?

Finally falling on Easter Sunday night, his nightmare really began. In the month of April, I spent nearly 40 hours on the road to Nashville, TN caring for him in the hospital and then finally in the legal euthanization facility where he was put to sleep in 2 days.

All this to say, I'm not mad, I'm done. I'm just done dealing with situations that rob me of my peace. I'm done with dealing with people that don't respect me, my hobbies, my volunteering, my age, whatever..... I'm done. I'm done dealing with people that don't respect me. I have put my best foot forward during these past few months toward everyone, but that's it. What I have given, I leave at the table. I don't care, that's it. I'm not mad, I'm not angry,

I'm Just finished.

No comments: