Thursday, June 7, 2007

Four things I have learned and four things I want to learn Meme

Catholic Mom tagged me a few days ago for this one and I needed some time to figure out what I have been doing in the past 4 years and it has been a lot! Here are the rules: Share four things that were new to you in the past four years. Four things you learned or experienced or explored for the first time in the past four years. Then share four things you want to try new in the next four years.

What I have learned in the past 4 years:
1. That I CAN homeschool my children and have a better relationship with them. We are now going on 5 years of home educating our girls and even my husband has been enjoying it by being the science teacher (the Ph.D. research scientist anyway) and principal of the school.

2. That my calling, besides being a mom, wife, and home educator, is to be a catechist for adults. During the past 3 years I have been working toward and getting there, to obtain my master catechist certificate. Next, a degree in Theology.

3. That living a loooong distance from both our families is hell, I mean hard! Very hard and I don't like it, but my husband's science position is here and he is doing very VERY interesting research right now on gastric bypass surgeries with the 100% cure rate for diabetes. He doesn't like being so far away from his aging parents, but he worked very hard to obtain his Ph.D and years of experience and here is his dream position. I AM learning to suck it up and be a big girl and thrive where my love is.

4. That not getting along with the parish priest is detrimental with all the above besides that fact that my being is 99.9.5% Catholic and parish-oriented and not feeling welcome and comfortable there is depressing and I need to figure out why my pastor has a bone to pick with me everytime I see him. We took the girls out of his school back in 02 and required our refund. He hasn't been nice since. This is the etiology, but how to fix it. prayer!

Now, what I want to learn in the next 4 years:
1. To be a good parent and drop the mommy part for my son, who is 25 and getting out on his own now. I need to learn how to let him be and thrive without mom's help.

2. To be a master catechist and career student for God in the studies of Theology and parish administration.

3. How to be brave enough to fly somewhere with my husband.....most preferrably to ROME!

4. How to be a better, always being a work-in-progress, work in progress.


I can tag 4 others, I tagg........Let me think about it. Talk amongst yourselves and if you get a hankering to be tagged......go for it! Thanks Catholic MOM!!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That was all very interesting!

God bless