Thursday, April 21, 2016

Prayers and My mom

It's Friday and even though it isn't Lent any longer, I thought about some of the prayers I save especially for my Fridays. At the 3:00 hour, I pray the Divine Mercy prayer and if time permits, the chaplet that goes with it. Recently, my mother, who is in the hospital at this moment, had a very bad night and being 10 hours away, there was little I could do, but pray. It was 1:30 am when I got the call from my sister-in-law that mom had gone into emergency surgery. Obviously, I was totally unable to calm down, much less sleep, so I prayed. At 3:00 am still awake and waiting, I prayed the Divine Mercy Chaplet for my mom, within a few minutes my brother texted me that mom did very well in surgery and was in recovery. During the past 2 weeks, when I get overwhelmed with worry, I cry myself a river, then settle into prayer....peace comes over me and there is calm. Later, I told my mom that I had prayed the Divine Mercy chaplet for her during her surgery.  She was so pleased and told me it was her favorite prayer devotion, I said, "yeah  mom!  You taught it to me!

What prayers do you use most often? Please share!

No comments: