Saturday, January 16, 2016

Which Way? A new way?? But what..where?

The Gospel about the road to Emmaus is one of my favorites.  I love the 'in-your-face' lessons especially the ones Christ taught the disciples when they all go through the deer-at-headlights moment that evolve into quiet understanding.  The world was changed that day, hope regained, and the mission reignited.

These past few years the Pillar family has taken on a new chapter in life.  Our eldest has now been happily married for 7 years, our middle child moved onto college and campus life, and the youngest feeling left out and abandoned, challenged her parents' patience, peace, and grit.  Now she too has moved onto college and dorm life leaving her parents in the house that feels too big and too quiet behind.

Yes, I knew it was coming, but now I need to find new ways to live and feel.  As the mom of the family, I spent the majority of the time with the children.  Now, I need to find another purpose.  My husband, God bless him, says that now I need to concentrate on being his wife and being a couple again.  Yes, but I have always made sure I was a good and encouraging wife and I will continue to be a loving wife to him.......I just need more   Does that sound bad?   It's like I need to have a new reason to get up in the morning....

Now my world was changed and I need new hope, a new direction, a new purpose to get reignited.

No comments: