Here's what I have learned thus far over the past year and three quarters:
1. We did NOT send our two daughters to the neighborhood Catholic school because:
- Mom was tired of the kids being home all the time and needed a break!
- the children need a firm Catholic education, (they have it at home)
- the children needed exposure to the "real" world, (again they have it at home)
- the children need character-building experiences
- the children need socialization, especially other Catholic children.
- Math and sciences with higher level of expertise was needed.
- government-run public schools are not an option
- snotty private schools are also not an option
- a Catholic atmosphere of good Christian values was the preferred option