Thursday, January 5, 2012

Wait, Wait! It's still Christmas!!

The joyous light displays on the majority of my neighborhood houses are rapidly disappearing as the weekend progresses here in coastal NC.  There were more lights and Christmas festivities over the past month here than ever before, we noted driving through the neighborhood one evening not too long ago. I even took a silent poll as I walked my usual trek around the many streets noting who decorated and who didn't.  Only a precious few didn't have any sign of Christmas spirit, nice I thought, who said we were not a Christian nation.

Anyway, that was then and this is now and all the decorations are coming down and getting packed away for the next 11 months.

But, but, it's still Christmas....it really is!!

Silly me, I am not Mrs. Retail, am I?  Mrs. Retail says it's Christmas when SHE says it is, it's Halloween when SHE says it's Halloween, it's Easter, when SHE darn well says it's EASTER and not a day sooner or heaven forbid a day AFTERwards!!  Thrown out with the baby is the bathwater of the Christian calendar, is the real season

Well, as I go into work today to my part-time job at a fabric and crafts store, I'll walk by the Valentines Day and St. Patrick's Day offerings at the front of the store and possibly trip over the Christmas wreaths and gift wrappings at 80% markdown in the BACK of the store.

Sigh.......

No comments: