Sunday, August 21, 2011

A Catholic Joke

A man came in for confession:

Man:  Fr. I have sinned, I went to the lumber yard and stole some wood to make a project at home, but now I'm sorry I did it.

Priest:  Well, I see that you are sorry, so say a couple of decades of the rosary and don't steal from the lumber yard again.

A WEEK LATER

The man comes in for confession again:

Man:  Fr. I have sinned, I went to the lumber yard and stole some wood to make another project at home, I know I was sorry last week, but I'm really sorry now and won't do it again.

Priest:  Well, seeing that you are sorry, but you did it again, this time you will pray entire rosary for your penance and don't steal again.

ANOTHER WEEK LATER:

The same man comes in for confession again:

Man:  I did it again, Fr. I went out and stole wood from the lumber yard, but I'm really really sorry I did it and I won't do it again.

Priest:  Why did you do this again?  I told you not to and still you did it again!  Well, now I'm going to have you make a novena, do you know how to make a novena?

Man:  No, Fr., but it you tell me how to make one, I know where I can get the wood for it!!


1 comment:

Elena LaVictoire said...

ha ha ha -- good one!