Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Today's Afternoon prayer: Beautiful

Psalm 118(119) 97-104

Lord, how I love your law!
I ponder it all day long.

Your teachings have made me wise,
far above my enemies:
your law is mine for ever.

I am wiser than all my teachers,
because I ponder your teachings.
I am wiser than the elders
because I have followed your precepts.

I have kept my feet away from evil paths
to obey your commendments.
I have not fallen away from your decrees,
for you have given me a law to live by.

Sweet to the taste are your promises,
sweeter than honey in my mouth.
Your precepts have given me wisdom
and I hate the path of deception.

Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the
Holy Spirit,
As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever
shall be,
World without end. Amen.

Armed with the justice which is the power of God,
let us prove ourselves with great patience.


A true sacrifice is a broken spirit.
- A contrite and humble heart, O God, you will not refuse.

Oremus
Do not withdraw your grace from us, Lord:
by it alone we can give ourselves wholly to your service
and obtain your help in our every need.
Through Christ our Lord.

AMEN


It's not easy being me sometimes, but knowing and loving God's law is who I am.

Lenten blessings,
Ebeth

No comments: