Saturday, March 12, 2011

The 40 Day Challenge: Could your marriage use some Lenten blessings!??

Heidi, from her blog, Extraordinary moms network, has started a very neat 40-day walk for us to join in on for Lent.  It's from Fulton Sheen's book, "Love, Marriage, and children".  Each day she is going to post something to meditate on and an activity to do for your spouse and marriage.  I'm always up for a challenge and my knight knows it!

For starters, paste this prayer to your bathroom mirror and pray it every day to yourself and your spouse!





Father,

I abandon myself into your hands; do with me what you will.
Whatever you may do, I thank you:
I am ready for all, I accept all.
Let only your will be done in me, and in all your creatures.
I wish no more than this, O Lord.
Into your hands I commend my soul;

I offer it to you
with all the love of my heart,
for I love you, Lord,
and so need to give myself,
to surrender myself into your hands,
without reserve,
and with boundless confidence,
for you are my Father.

~Charles de Foucald

No comments: