Thursday, July 17, 2008

World Youth Day and a prayer


Been swamped this week, I am teaching a sewing camp for 8-12 year olds at the fabric store in town and taking 2 online religious studies courses, of which are 2 of the last 4 courses I need to finished all the requirements for Master Catechist cert. But I have so much to share I don't know where to start!!!!


First and foremost today is WORLD YOUTH DAY in Sydney, Australia. I have been trying to keep an eye on it and bring my girls up to speed with it, but no luck, they just aren't interested. We have read some articles in "The Word Among Us" for this month the theme is WYD, and I have given them some articles from Zenith. Oh Well.

We should be praying for the continued success for this special Day which is the 23rd of it's kind thanks for our beloved Pope John Paul II.

Dear Father in Heaven,

I thank you so very much for this day
devoted to our youth.
I thank you so very much for the special
people that are there helping to
bring our youth together to rally for Christ
your beloved Son.

Please keep the pilgrims and all those involved in
the event safe and precious in your eyes,
please keep all the words and sessions true
in your name. Please allow our youth to
absorb these words and be open to knowing,
loving, and serving you more completely
because of this special day.

I ask this through your son's name,
Our Lord, Jesus Christ.

AMEN

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It has been exciting watching world youth day. I have really loved seeing the young religious.

Cathy Adamkiewicz said...

Thanks for praying! My daughter and her fiance are there. They are over the moon to be seeing the pope and praying together with young people from all over the world.
There is hope for our future.