Friday, December 21, 2007

O Antiphons: December 21

O Oriens (Radiant Dawn, Dayspring)


Isaias 9:2
The people that walked in darkness, have seen a great light: to them that dwelt in the region of the shadow of death, light is risen.


This day has brought me some good things and some hard to swallow things. With the above verse in mind, I am wondering about the hope we should have in God and the Holy Spirit in all things in our lives. Our two daughters performed at the mall in town their duet, piano and violin, playing "O Holy Night". It was beautiful and I was very happy inside to be their mom. Several people came up to them and smiling complimented them on their playing. They seems embarrassed, but happy, too.

Family relations are at an all time low in my husband's family....some of which we can do very little to help. I wrote an email to an aunt and uncle during a visit last summer that spoke the truth, but was found and read by the family members causing so much difficulty in the family. Never write things down that should not be seen by others. My husband and I are at odds...this is his family, I see things and call them as they are, it isn't easy to be the speaker/nor the receiver of this business. Nevertheless, it is a very difficult situation and I am wondering if I should not attend the family holiday gathering this year.

Please pray for my husband and I, pray that his brother and new wife will see their ways and try to work for peace in the family. Help me to know what to say and more importantly what NOT to say.

1 comment:

Carol said...

Ebeth, I pray that there be peace and comfort found by you, your family, and your in-laws. I pray that they are the directness of your thoughts as such and not meant in a mean spirit. Carol