Monday, April 23, 2007

A Word about AIR POLLUTION

Just yesterday, my husband and I had stopped at a gas station to be "legally" robbed by the oil industry when the disturbing sound of rap music overwhelmed us. My husband thought it was the music was being provided by the "Sheetz" location, but lo and behold, a minute later a young person drove by us with it booming from his "bad" self. Within that short moment of his passing our vehicle, we were stormed with at least 2 curse words...starting with an 'f' and an 's'. Our young daughters were in the backseat with their windows down. Now, excuse me, but WE don't use that language around our children. Ho hum. I mean, why do we bother trying to be good examples for our children when all we have to do is expose them to the outside world? Without even knowing it, they get a huge dose of what we don't want them to hear, see, or be impressed by. Granted, my girls know the difference between good and bad language, but still. I have watched our youth listening to rap music before, it isn't pretty. Once, as I was waiting for my husband to run in for a quick grocery grab, I sat in the SUV and literally watched a young kid listening to some rap music and his face got angrier and angrier by the moment. This is sad! What do we do?

1 comment:

Portrait of Peter said...

A very sad reflection of some of society's "less appreciation for others"!!

I too find it distasteful and unwarranted inappropriate language and often said by those who should know better - their failings are our suffering.

An emotive post for us all to ponder on.

Blessings to you all.