Saturday, September 3, 2016

Mother (soon-to-be) Saint Teresa of Calcutta's daily prayer

Dear Lord:

Help me to spread your fragrance wherever I go.
Flood my soul with your spirit and life.
Penetrate and posses my whole being so utterly
that all my life may only be a radiance of yours.
Shine through me, and be so in me that every soul
I come in contact with may feel your presence in my
soul.

Let them look up and see no longer me, but only
you, O Lord!

Stay with me, then I shall begin to shine as you
do; so to shine as to be a light to others.

The light, O Lord, will be all from you; none of
it will be mine; it will be you shining on others through
me.

Let me thus praise you in the way you love best,
by shining on those around me.

Let me preach you without preaching, not by
words but by my example, by the catching force, the
sympathetic influence of what I do, the evident fullness
of the love my heart bears to you.

Amen

- John Henry  Newman

1 comment:

Bonnie Way aka the Koala Mom said...

It's so exciting to be celebrating her canonization this weekend! She is an amazing saint. :) Thanks for sharing this prayer.