Saturday, November 7, 2015

33-Day Consecration Retreat: Day 3 Satan and our Baptism

 Today we are reminded of our Baptism vows, whether you were an infant (like me) or an adult, we who are Baptized are cleansed of original sin and any actual sin we committed as an adult, but we are still fallen creatures that fail our Lord each and every day in one way or another.  Satan is real and his conglomerate of evil spirits taunt us and lead us in ways were are unaware of at times.  During these 33-days, we can be reminded of what sin is and how prayers and our devotion to Christ and His mother can help us along the way.  St. Louis de Montford has us recommit ourselves to Christ, and has us do all of this through and with his Mother Mary.  Here is the prayer:

"I, (name), a faithless sinner, renew and ratify today in thy hands the vows of my Baptism; I renounce forever Satan, his pomps and works; and I give myself entirely to Jesus Christ, the Incarnate Wisdom, to carry my cross after Him all the days of my life, and to be more faithful to Him than I have ever been before."

Why through Mary?  Because God has put enmity between her and Satan, remember in Gen 3:15.  It is as if we are standing behind her grabbing hold of her apron strings as the big bad wolf bears down on us!!  She will not let that happen!

Come, Holy Spirit, living in Mary.
Give me the grace to reject Satan and follow Christ
more closely!

AMEN

No comments: