The following is a list of deficiences found in catechetical material published by Catholic publishers and used in Catholic classrooms according to Archbishop Buechlein. How many of them do you recognize from material that you have used?
1. Insufficient attention to the Trinity and the Trinitarian structure of Catholic beliefs and teachings.
2. An obscured presentation of the centrality of Christ in salvation history and insufficient emphasis on the divinity of Christ
3. An indistinct treatment of the ecclesial context of Catholic beliefs and magisterial teachings
4. An inadequate sense of a distinctively Christian anthropology
5. Insufficient emphasis on God's initiative in the world, with a corresponding overemphasis on human action
6. Insufficient recognition of the transformation effects of grace
7. Inadequate presentation of the sacraments
8. Deficiency in the teaching of original sin and sin in general
9. Meager exposition on the Christian moral life
10. Inadequate presentation of eschatology
11. Avoidance of personal pronouns in reference to God
12. Use of the term "Hebrew Scriptures" when referring to the Old Testament
13. Common use of BCE and BC instead of AD.
14. Order of the reception of the sacraments of initiation does not correspond to the CCC
15. Influence of relativism is apparent
16. Continuing need for a balanced Christianity
17. Does not differentiate between the ordained ministry and the ministry of the baptized.
18. Gives into pressure to be politically correct and sensitive in language.