Wednesday, January 23, 2008

The 'Pillarclimber's" Patron Saint for 2008

St. John the Baptist
I am the voice of one crying in the wilderness, make straight the way of the Lord, as said the prophet Isaias"
(John 1:19-23).

A man cannot receive anything, unless it be given him from heaven. You yourselves do bear me witness, that I said, I am not Christ, but that I am sent before him. He that hath the bride is the bridegroom: but the friend of the bridegroom, who standeth and heareth him, rejoiceth with joy because of the bridegroom's voice. This my joy, therefore, is fulfilled. He must increase, but I must decrease. He that cometh from above, is above all. He that is of the earth, of the earth he is, and of the earth he speaketh. He that cometh from heaven, is above all. And what he hath seen and heard, that he testifieth. . ."
(John 3:27-36).

Thanks to Esther and Marianne

No comments: